Kayak Inside Passage Header Inside Passage Kayak Trip

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ketchikan

Given the rain, I pushed the extra distance yesterday to make it to Ketchikan a day early to stay someplace warm and dry. There were four cruise ships in the harbor as I approached, and I heard that there are 6 arriving today, so it's a bit of a sensory overload. But my senses were so happy last night in clean, dry clothes, after a shower, going out to dinner. Yum. I ordered crab because I had turned down an offer of free crabs a couple days before from some friendly folks on a motorboat who had too many. In order not to smell attractive to bears, I don't want to cook fish while camping, but it sure was tempting.

Today is beautiful and sunny, but instead of paddling I'm doing errands in town. But I also am leaving my wet things out to dry. Tomorrow I head out again.