Kayak Inside Passage Header Inside Passage Kayak Trip

Friday, July 27, 2007

Petersburg

Even if it's only been a few days, I'm happy to be in a town again. Camping in the rain is starting to get to me a bit. Petersburg has Scandanavian roots, with Norwegian style painting on many tourist focused buildings. I've decided to stay for two nights, to have a couple repairs done on my boat (actually they probably got them done this afternoon, shortly after I dropped off the boat; I'm quite glad the local shipwrights were willing to take such a small job) and because I felt like I didn't have enough time in Wrangell, getting in late afternoon and having to take off in the morning before things opened up.

I'll be mailing off the latest set of photos tomorrow, and when they go up, they're going to be great. I took enough photos of bears and icebergs that there have to be some spectacular ones in there.